In line with government guidance South Swindon Parish Council has taken the following decisions to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Grounds Maintenance & Streetsmart Services
The Parish Council currently contracts Swindon Council to deliver grounds maintenance and streetsmart services. When lockdown started Swindon Council took the unilateral decision to stand down all grass cutting services and significantly reduce other services it was contracted to deliver by the Parish. The Council has now provided a skeleton service with around a third of staff delivering the Parish Council’s contract at this time of year.
As a consequence the quality of maintenance of our open spaces is not of a level the Parish Council would usually expect.
Parks, Allotments and Play Areas
- All Play Areas South Swindon Parish Council manage are closed.
- All our Parks and Open Spaces remain open. However residents should follow the minimum 2m social distance guidance with members outside of their household.
- Our allotment sites within the Parish remain open. However to stop the spread of the Coronavirus we ask allotment users to take precautions.
- The public toilets at Queens Park and Town Gardens are closed.
- Swindon Borough Council has also closed the Victoria Road public toilets.
Buildings and other Parish Facilities
- Old Town Library and Broadgreen Community Centre are closed until further notice.
- The Parish Office is now closed to residents, but you will still be able to contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01793 312006.
- The Parish Council will be organising meetings while in lockdown only when it is necessary. These meetings will be run virtually and the agenda and reports for these meetings will be issued on the Council Meetings webpage as they normally would. Residents will have the opportunity to request a link to access virtual meetings. When government guidance allows for meetings to be held in person the Parish Council will restore its usual calendar of meetings.