In line with government guidance South Swindon Parish Council has taken the following decisions to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Grounds Maintenance & Streetsmart Services
The Parish Council currently contracts Swindon Council to deliver grounds maintenance and streetsmart services. They are currently running at a reduced service due to Covid-19. Recognising the fact that residents are using parks and open spaces now more than ever, the Parish Council has increased bin emptying to include weekends at GWR Park, The Lawns, Shaftesbury Lake and the Polo Ground- making it a 7 days a week service. The Parish Council already empty the Town Gardens and Queens Park bins 7 days a week.
Parks, Allotments and Play Areas
- All Play Areas that South Swindon Parish Council manage were closed because of the Coronavirus Lockdown. The Parish Council is currently in the process of reopening all play areas and will be cleaning them on a weekly basis. We will also be included new signage to explain to play area users the best ways to stop the spread of Coronavirus.
- The parks the Parish Council manage- Town Gardens, GWR Park and Queens Park- remain open for residents to use.
- The cafe at Town Gardens closed in March due to lockdown. It subsequently reopened on the 15th May. The Queens Park cafe has had to remain closed this year due to safety work needing to take place nearby.
- All allotment sites within the Parish remain open.
- The public toilets at Queens Park and Town Gardens are currently open 7 days a week from 10am to 5pm. A toilet attendant will be on site to control access to the toilets.
- Swindon Borough Council has also closed the Victoria Road public toilets.
Buildings and other Parish Facilities
- Old Town Library and Broadgreen Community Centre remain closed. The Parish Council is investigating the reopening of these community facilities in July.
- The Parish Office is open to residents by appointment only. To arrange an appointment contact the office at email@example.com or by calling 01793 312006.
- Since Lockdown the Parish Council suspended meetings of its Planning & Environment and Leisure & Amenities Committees. Two virtual Full Parish Meetings have been organised since Lockdown was announced. A further virtual Full Parish Meeting has been scheduled for the 21st July and the Parish Council will consider in August its future meetings timetable for the rest of the Municipal Year. The agenda and reports for these meetings will be issued on the Council Meetings webpage as they normally would. If you would like to attend future virtual meetings please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the link which will be distributed prior to the meeting. Public questions, comments or representations to Full Parish Meetings should be emailed to email@example.com or reported by phone call to the Parish Office by 12 noon on the day of the meeting. Here are the instructions on how to use the Zoom meeting platform.